Wednesday, June 03, 2009

April Fool's and Leo Tolstoy

Leo Tolstoy?

Yep, he's the guy who wrote Anna Karenina.

No no no, I'm not referring to a tv soap series once aired in the Philippines. That series mangled the image and memory recall ability of the citizens. Each time you talk about "Anna Karenina" people would think you're a fan of tearful Philippine tv soap series of the 1990's.

Leo Tolstoy also wrote another novel, War and Peace.

I wouldn't have imagined bringing myself into reading such literature. I only came upon a soft copy of the novel while browsing a supposed-developers guide to Magento(a now famous php-based shopping cart framework).

The "tutorial" was supposed to be an April Fool's joke that is apparently still actively floating in the hyperlinks of the internet. And to think it's now June!

Thankfully, I got bored reading about the life of pre-communism Russian aristocrats and decided to read the lame developer documentation found on the shopping cart's web site.

--------

Hmmm...

What if I wrote my own "tutorial" and have the file buffed up by a couple of scanned copies of one of thousands of hentai literature out there on the web...
  
Would unexpecting readers/developers read the "embedded" literature??


  

No comments:

My Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Blog Archive