Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Mamma Mia: into the psyche of girls


Mamma Mia!

Last year, I was dragged into watching this movie which starred (among other Hollywood actors) Meryl Streep and Pierce Brosnan.

It was obviously one of those movies I would mark as "chick flick". My wife is into ABBA songs, so it was expected she would love the movie but what I didn't count on was my daughters enjoying the movie.

They were only 3 and 5 years of age!

I merely assumed that only the ladies, mothers and grandma's would love this movie -but not kids. I assumed kids and teenagers would enjoy watching Twilight or High School Musical but never Mamma Mia!.

I'm not sure what's in this movie - there must be subliminal messages embedded in the film that make girls of all ages go ga-ga.

I had initially planned to blog my observations when I got home that night. But ended up forgetting about that itch to blog.

However, during last year's Christmas holidays, I brought along a DVD copy of the movie to show to my friends. And it seemed every girl that I saw the movie, had a certain fondness of the movie.

See? Girls gone ga-ga.


Hate to admit it but I'm going to say it now.

I found myself enjoying the movie.. eventually.

There! I said it. Sue me.

But there is no way, not a chance anyone will get me to buy the book or watch the musical.

No comments:

My Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Blog Archive